Knock on Wood

Our Story

Incorporated in 1952 by J.B. and Ira King, King Lumber’s deep roots in Forest, Mississippi, go back even further than that. When Ed and Jonette Gaddis and Lewis Eure purchased the company in 1964, they continued the tradition of hard work and integrity the King family began. By the early 1970s, Eure sold his share of the company to the Gaddis family who has owned and run the company — but all five of the siblings work together. 

In the beginning, King Lumber was a sawmill and company store. The company has grown and modified its operations to accommodate market changes, finding a niche in the one-inch market over the course of the last 50 years.

Both Mark Gaddis and Gay Gaddis Barnes are past presidents of the Mississippi Lumber Manufacturers Association, and the company remains active in the organization. Additionally, the Gaddis family believes in the importance of serving the community and being good stewards.

King Lumber is a member of the Forest Area Chamber of Commerce. Both Mark and Gay are past presidents of the local Chamber. Through the years, members of the Gaddis family have also been active in the Boy Scouts, Kiwanis, Lions Clubs and many other community and civic organizations. The second generation of the Gaddis family is working to live up to the values their parents instilled in them — and give back to the place they call home.

Vintage King Lumber